How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.