How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to understand. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.