How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.