How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.