How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.