How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous in regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.