How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.