How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.