How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.