How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.